Can I use lubricants with a diaphragm?

As with condoms, only water-based lubricants should be used, because oil-based lubricants can damage the latex rubber of the diaphragm.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Diaphragms

How can I make sure my diaphragm works effectively?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A diaphragm is 82% to 94% effective when used every time you have intercourse, even during menst...
How do I use a diaphragm to prevent pregnancy?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Practice inserting and removing your diaphragm before sex play with a partner. It can be awkward at ...
Does using a diaphragm increase my risk of bladder infections?
Any action or device that increases the possibility of bacteria entering the urethra increases your ...
What is a diaphragm?
A diaphragm is a form of birth control used by women. A diaphragm is made of flexible rubber and...