How do I know if the color of my baby's stool is normal?

Stools should be brown or a seedy yellow-green; formula-fed babies will have brown stools faster, and the poop will stink. If the stools are black after the first four days, there may be blood in there from a location upstream, and it's worth a call to your pediatrician to check it out.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Diapering & Digestion In Babies

What should my newborn's poop look like?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
When you first arrive home from delivering your baby, your newborn will not have regular-looking sto...
When should I worry about my baby spitting up?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
Call your doctor if the spit-up seems forceful (shoots across the room), your baby seems to be in pa...
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
3 Ways to Prevent & Treat Diaper Rash
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?
How Can Diaper Changing Be Made Easier?