Will I feel better after I start treatment for kidney disease?

If you are on dialysis, once you get used to the treatment, you should begin to feel better. The dialysis treatments will take over some of the work of your diseased kidneys and remove wastes and extra fluid from your body. This will improve many of your symptoms.  A successful kidney transplant may allow you to feel as close to the way you felt before you got kidney disease.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

What determines my need for dialysis?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Dialysis replaces some of the work done by healthy kidneys and is needed when your own kidneys can n...
Can I stop dialysis treatment if I want to?
There may come a time when you feel you want to discontinue dialysis treatment. You may feel that di...
How should I handle food to avoid contamination if I am on dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
If you are on dialysis, it’s important to handle food carefully to avoid contamination: Wash you...
What is dialysis?
Dialysis is a medical treatment that removes waste from the body when the kidneys are in failure. No...