Will I feel normal once I am on dialysis?

Many people live normal lives except for the time needed for treatments. Dialysis usually makes you feel better because it helps many of the problems caused by kidney failure. There is an adjustment process and you and your family will need time to get used to dialysis.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

How should I prepare for dialysis?
Several weeks or months before your first hemodialysis treatment, your doctor will need to prepare a...
How should I handle food to avoid contamination if I am on dialysis?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
If you are on dialysis, it’s important to handle food carefully to avoid contamination: Wash you...
Can I prevent the need for dialysis?
Dialysis is required when the kidneys are in failure. The diseases that most commonly lead to kidney...
Can a psychologist help a patient who is new to dialysis?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
Dialysis is a life sustaining procedure, that requires three long sessions each week. Dialization us...