What happens to my medical records if I transfer to a new dialysis center?

There is an easy, secure way for your healthcare team to transfer your treatment records online if, for example, you're admitted to the hospital or if you need to relocate during an emergency evacuation. In 2009, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) created a centralized web-based data collection system called CROWNWeb to help reduce and eliminate treatment interruptions. This central system helps to streamline individual’s care regardless of the reason for changing dialysis centers. Your doctors and healthcare team can access up-to-date information about your dialysis so that you continue to receive appropriate care no matter where you are.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

Do children receive the same dialysis treatment as adults?
If children experience advanced kidney failure, they face the same treatment options as adults: dial...
Will I need to speak to a psychiatrist if I want to stop dialysis?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If your healthcare team is concerned that you want to stop dialysis for solely emotional reasons or ...
What is artificial life support?
Katrina Bramstedt, PhDKatrina Bramstedt, PhD
Artificial life support are forms of medical technology used when your vital organ systems are faili...
What can I do if I have dry and itchy skin when on dialysis?
Dry or itchy skin is experienced by many people undergoing dialysis, especially in the winter. Use s...