What are the most common side effects of dialysis?

Many people on dialysis experience side effects of treatment. The most common side effects are:
  • Low blood pressure
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Dry or itchy skin
  • Restless leg syndrome
  • Muscle cramping

Continue Learning about Dialysis

What should I consider if I am on dialysis and want to travel?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you are on dialysis and want to travel, consider the following tips: Hand-carry essential med...
What are important things to remember if I am on a hemodialysis diet?
The following important tips can be helpful with your diet if you are on hemodialysis: Fresh or ...
Can I prevent the need for dialysis?
Dialysis is required when the kidneys are in failure. The diseases that most commonly lead to kidney...
What can I do to feel better after a dialysis treatment?
Edtrina MossEdtrina Moss
The key to feeling better after a dialysis treatment is based on what you do before or between dialy...