Is dialysis expensive?

Dialysis costs a lot of money. However, the federal government through the Medicare program pays 80% of all dialysis costs for most people. Private health insurance or state Medicaid programs also help with the costs.

Continue Learning about Dialysis

What should I do if I decide to stop dialysis treatment?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
If you decide to stop dialysis treatment, you or your surrogate may want to make sure the following ...
Is dialysis a common treatment for kidney failure?
If you have been diagnosed with kidney failure, you are among the 23 million Americans aged 20 years...
How does dialysis affect what I eat?
If your doctor has prescribed dialysis, you will need to be aware of some special dietary needs. Dur...
Will I need to speak to a psychiatrist if I want to stop dialysis?
If your healthcare team is concerned that you want to stop dialysis for solely emotional reasons or ...