Dialysis is required when the kidneys are in failure. The diseases that most commonly lead to kidney failure are diabetes and high blood pressure. Therefore, you may be able to prevent the eventual need for dialysis with a healthy diet, exercise, and regular checkups.
- Q What happens between dialysis treatments?
- Q What should I do if I decide to stop dialysis treatment?
- Q Can I receive dialysis at home?
- Q Can I stop dialysis treatment if I want to?
- Q How long will I live if I stop dialysis?
- Q What can I do if I have nausea and vomiting when on dialysis?