What are some tests for chest pain?

If you are having chest pain, you may have a test called an electrocardiogram to check your heart. Blood tests and a chest x-ray may also be performed. You may need tests to check your esophagus, stomach or other organs. You may need to go into the hospital for tests and treatment. Other tests and treatments depend on what may be causing your pain.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
Know Before You Go: Radiation
Know Before You Go: Radiation
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you may feel like you’re all alone—but you’re not. You’ll have a team of healthcare providers (HCPs) dedicated...
Can the type of lung surgery I have influence my risk of opioid dependency?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The type of lung surgery you have can influence your risk of opioid dependency. The results of a com...
How does an essential metabolics analysis (EMA) help assess fatigue?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
This is a diagnostic test that can help a doctor pinpoint the cause of a patient’s fatigue. Also...