What is transtelephonic monitoring?

Richard Scherczinger, MD
Transtelephonic monitoring is a technology that allows patients to report symptoms and/or transmit data from a medical device (usually a pacemaker) over the phone for medical evaluation by their physician.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
Know Before You Go: Radiation
Know Before You Go: Radiation
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you may feel like you’re all alone—but you’re not. You’ll have a team of healthcare providers (HCPs) dedicated...
Can the type of lung surgery I have influence my risk of opioid dependency?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
The type of lung surgery you have can influence your risk of opioid dependency. The results of a com...
What is a discectomy or microdiscectomy?
Hooman M. Melamed, MDHooman M. Melamed, MD
Discectomy is the procedure where a spine surgeon removes the disc material that is herniated and pu...