What can I expect when I arrive for an endoscopy?

When arriving for an endoscopy, patients will be prepared for the procedure with the help of nurses.

When you arrive for an endoscopy you'll have a preoperative check where you'll receive an IV and have your vital signs checked.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Know Before You Go: Radiation
Know Before You Go: Radiation
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you may feel like you’re all alone—but you’re not. You’ll have a team of healthcare providers (HCPs) dedicated...
Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
What is a TEG test?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
The TEG test (an acronym created from Thrombelastograph) is a 'point of care' analyzer that can id...
What is an endoscopy?
Chekesha Culbertson, RNChekesha Culbertson, RN
Endoscopy is performed on the upper and lower gastrointestinal, or GI, tract. In this video, Kesha C...