What can I expect when I arrive for an endoscopy?

When arriving for an endoscopy, patients will be prepared for the procedure with the help of nurses.

When you arrive for an endoscopy you'll have a preoperative check where you'll receive an IV and have your vital signs checked.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
What is pathology?
Dr. Stuart A. Linder, MDDr. Stuart A. Linder, MD
Pathology is the medical science of diagnosing tissue or fluid samples for disorders including malig...
What is flexible sigmoidoscopy?
Henrico Doctors' Hospital  - HCA VirginiaHenrico Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
Healthcare providers may suggest a flexible sigmoidoscopy for colorectal cancer screening. A flexibl...
What is differential diagnosis?
Gregory D. Tuttle, DDSGregory D. Tuttle, DDS
A differential diagnosis is essentially a list of diseases/disorders that could be the cause of symp...