What can I expect when I arrive for an endoscopy?

When you arrive for an endoscopy you'll have a preoperative check where you'll receive an IV and have your vital signs checked.

When arriving for an endoscopy, patients will be prepared for the procedure with the help of nurses.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Procedures

Know Before You Go: Radiation
Know Before You Go: Radiation
When you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you may feel like you’re all alone—but you’re not. You’ll have a team of healthcare providers (HCPs) dedicated...
Scoping Out Endoscopes
Scoping Out Endoscopes
When James Garner starred as Lt. Kenneth Braden in Up Periscope (1959), the submarine commander knew infiltrating Japanese waters to retrieve secret r...
How can opioid dependency following lung surgery be prevented?
The Society of Thoracic SurgeonsThe Society of Thoracic Surgeons
To prevent opioid dependency following lung surgery it is vitally important for people to discuss pa...
What is interventional endoscopy?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
At major medical centers, an increasing number of gastrointestinal illnesses are being diagnosed and...