These tests are used in cancer diagnosis, often in the form of bone, liver and thyroid scans. A small and safe amount of radioactive material is injected into the blood stream where it becomes absorbed in all tissues and bones. Cancerous cells absorb this material at a faster rate than normal, healthy tissue, which helps locate areas of disease.
- Q What is a PAC:PRA ratio diagnostic test?
- Q Are there any restrictions post endoscopy?
- Q How could cell apoptosis be used to treat disease?
- Q When should I be screened for a specific disease?
- Q What is the spy-glass direct visualization system?
- Q Can limbs be transplanted?