What do radiologists do?

Radiologists harness the power of X-rays, which penetrate the body, in order to create images of the internal structures of organs, bones and tissues. Interventional radiologists go a step further to use these images to guide minimally invasive procedures to treat a wide range of diseases and injuries.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Imaging

Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
In the late 1800s, Ralph Waldo Emerson was credited with saying “Build a better mousetrap and the world will b...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Coronary Calcium Scanning, and MRIs' Effect on Tattoos
Q: My 45-year-old brother is a fireman. When he started getting short of breath, his GP sent him to a cardiologist. Everyone figured it was asthma, bu...
When should I get a bone density test?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
If you are age 65 and older, you should get a bone density test. Women age 60 to 64 with risk factor...
What is cardiac nuclear imaging?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Nuclear imaging tests measure the pattern of blood flow to the heart muscle. These tests begin w...