What conditions does a radiologist normally see?

Radiologists see almost every type of condition that could be diagnosed with imaging. For example, radiologists normally see:

• broken bones
  • bowel blockages
  • bleeding in the brain
  • tumors
  • blood clots
  • infections

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Imaging

Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
In the late 1800s, Ralph Waldo Emerson was credited with saying “Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.” Even though hi...
Is Your CT Scan or X-ray Necessary?
Is Your CT Scan or X-ray Necessary?
Every day 19,500 computed tomography (CT) scans are performed in the United States. From 2005 to 2007, more than 70 percent of American adults were za...
How is radiation used in medical testing?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
The radiation used in medical imaging is a type with charged particles in the atom that is calle...
What should I ask my doctor about an optical coherence tomography?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
 The following questions can help you talk to your physician about having optical coherence tomograp...