What should I ask the doctor if I need medical tests that use radiation?

If you have questions or concerns about a test that uses radiation that has been recommended for you, the list of questions below can help you start a conversation with your doctor or practitioner.
  1. What information will this test give us about my cardiovascular disease?
  2. What are the benefits of this test?
  3. What are the risks of this test?
  4. How much radiation will I be exposed to?
  5. Should I worry about this test’s contribution to my lifetime cumulative radiation dose?
  6. I have had tests in the past that use radiation. Should I be worried about further testing?

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Imaging

Diagnostic Imaging

Diagnostic Imaging

Diagnostic imaging includes ultrasounds, X-rays, CT scans and MRIs. These create images of different parts of the body and aid in diagnosing diseases and conditions allowing for a course of treatment to be prescribed. Learn more a...

bout diagnostic imaging from our experts.