What happens after a diagnostic imaging procedure?

You're free to go home right after your imaging procedure, and the radiologist will review your study by the end of the day, says Beverly Lustig, Diagnostic Imaging Manager with Good Samaritan Hospital. Learn more in this video.

After a diagnostic imaging procedure there is usually no recovery or special care necessary. However, some procedures are more involved and hands on than others (requiring IV injections, or interventions). People should discuss their concerns with their doctor before the procedure.

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Imaging

Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
Joining Forces: PET/MRI Scans
In the late 1800s, Ralph Waldo Emerson was credited with saying “Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door.” Even though hi...
Ask Oz and Roizen: Coronary Calcium Scanning, and MRIs' Effect on Tattoos
Q: My 45-year-old brother is a fireman. When he started getting short of breath, his GP sent him to a cardiologist. Everyone figured it was asthma, bu...
What should I ask the doctor if I need medical tests that use radiation?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
If you have questions or concerns about a test that uses radiation that has been recommended for...
What is nuclear imaging for the heart?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Nuclear imaging evaluates how organs function, unlike other imaging methods that assess how organs a...