Will I contract diabetes if I am obese?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Being overweight or obese can put you at risk of contracting diabetes, but it is far from the only risk factor. There are many diabetics who have been thin their whole lives.
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

4 Things to Know About Diabetic Heart Disease
The close association between diabetes and heart disease is well documented: Diabetes and prediabetes are listed among the top risk factors for corona...
What are the best foods for lowering blood sugar?
Dr. Reza Yavari, MDDr. Reza Yavari, MD
There aren't foods that directly lower blood sugar, but there are foods that prevent sharp rises in ...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
Will There Be a Cure for Diabetes?
Will There Be a Cure for Diabetes?