Why do I overeat even if I am diabetic?

Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Is your problem overeating? If so, ask yourself why. What triggers this behavior? It could be stress in general. Or maybe you are like me, in a family or community where overeating is the norm, and you are going along with the program to get along. Are there some early traumas or deprivations that started you gorging? I have sometimes thought that had I sought out serious therapy when I was younger, I would have been able to stop my overeating before I was at death’s door. Again I say, do as I should have done years ago.
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Got Diabetes? 3 Ways to Protect Your Eyes
People with diabetes are at greater risk for retinopathy because of persistent high blood sugar levels. In this video, Robin Miller, M.D. offers criti...
Why is it important to know what type of diabetes I have?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
It is important to know whether you have type 1, type 2 or another type of diabetes because the trea...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
The Diabetes-Smart Plate
The Diabetes-Smart Plate