We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q Is coconut a good food for people with diabetes?
- Q What is a snack mix for people with diabetes?
- Q What should I look for on food labels if I have diabetes?
- Q What mineral deficiencies can make my diabetes worse?
- Q Why should I eat beans if I have diabetes?
- Q What plant foods are good protein sources for a vegetarian with diabetes?