We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Caring for a Child with Diabetes
- Diabetes Complications
- Diabetes Prevention
- Gestational Diabetes
- Insulin Injections
- Insulin Pumps
- Living with Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 1 Diabetes Causes and Risk Factors
- Type 1 Diabetes Symptoms and Signs
- Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Q What is a salmon recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q Can I still drink soda if I have diabetes?
- Q What is a tuna steak recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating pumpkin if I have diabetes?
- Q Which foods can help protect my eyes if I have diabetes?
- Q How can I manage my diabetes during Thanksgiving?