We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q What dietary mistakes are common among people with diabetes?
- Q Is cereal an acceptable breakfast for people with diabetes?
- Q What is a healthy burger recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q What is a kabob recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q Which is the best bread to eat to maintain sugar levels?
- Q Can I eat pasta if I have diabetes?