We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q What is a breaded vegetable recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q What can I eat with fruit as a snack if I have diabetes?
- Q Are meal shakes safe for a person with type 2 diabetes?
- Q What is a turkey meatloaf recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q How much processed food should people with diabetes eat?
- Q What is a sugar-free cheesecake recipe for people with diabetes?