We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q Can eating nuts reduce the risk of diabetes?
- Q What is a pumpkin dessert recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q What are some quick and healthy lunch ideas for people with diabetes?
- Q Why should I eat non-starchy vegetables if I have diabetes?
- Q Why should I eat whole grain foods if I have diabetes?
- Q What is a turkey meatloaf recipe for people with diabetes?