We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q What is an oatmeal cookie recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q What should I consider before ordering fast food if I have diabetes?
- Q Are very low calorie diets recommended for people with diabetes?
- Q Can a vitamin C supplement cause a blood sugar spike if I have diabetes?
- Q If I have diabetes, what should I discuss with my dietitian?
- Q What is a grilled chicken recipe for people with diabetes?