We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q What are some healthy meals for vegetarians with diabetes?
- Q What is an easy seafood appetizer for people with diabetes?
- Q Should I eat sugar-free foods if I have diabetes?
- Q Can I eat popcorn if I have diabetes?
- Q What are the benefits of extra-virgin olive oil if I have diabetes?
- Q How can eating a plant-based diet help people with diabetes?