We tend to think of ketchup as a salty condiment, but many brands list some sort of sweetener as the second ingredient, which can have a disastrous effect on your blood sugar level if you have diabetes. It doesn't matter if it's called sugar, evaporated cane juice, high-fructose corn syrup, or malt syrup. They're all sugar, and all of them will elevate blood glucose.
- Q How can I change desserts to make them healthy for someone with diabetes?
- Q Is white bean extract beneficial for people with diabetes?
- Q What is a grapefruit dessert recipe for people with diabetes?
- Q Can people with type 2 diabetes eat as much fruit as they want?
- Q What dietary mistakes are common among people with diabetes?
- Q What are the health benefits of eating pumpkin if I have diabetes?