When might my child with diabetes have hypoglycemia at school?

A concern during school time is that the child's blood glucose may drop too low. This is called an "insulin reaction" or hypoglycemia. This situation is most likely to occur in children with diabetes:
  • when the child misses or delays a snack
  • during a strenuous activity just before lunch
  • during a lengthy field trip or field day

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Do You Know Your Macros?
Do You Know Your Macros?
A healthy diet may be the most powerful tool you have to manage your diabetes. If you eat a balanced diet and pay attention to portion sizes at meals ...
Is there a cure for diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
We can’t cure diabetes. Not yet. But we can treat it, and absent a cure, that’s still a pretty good ...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?