When should I call the doctor about my diabetes?

If you have diabetes, call or go to the doctor or clinic if:
  • Your blood sugar is too high (180 mg/dL or more) or too low (70 mg/dL or less), and you can't get it back to a normal level
  • Your blood sugar is too high or too low more than twice a week
  • You are sick and not getting better
  • You have a question about your treatment
  • You are pregnant or want to become pregnant
  • You are throwing up

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Monitor Your Blood Sugar for Diabetes
How can you tell if the goals of your diabetes management plan are working to hold your blood sugar in range? The easiest way is to monitor your blood...
What are the risks of taking Novolin?
A serious risk of taking Novolin, a form of insulin for people with diabetes, is hypoglycemia, which...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
Eat a Heart-Healthy Diet for a Sharp Memory