What vegetables should I avoid if I have diabetes?

Although vegetables are great sources of vitamins and minerals, some vegetables really belong in the "starch" section of the food pyramid. If you have diabetes, watch out for potatoes, corn, and other starchy vegetables because they are high in carbohydrate and raise blood glucose levels more than leafy greens and other veggie options. Talk to your diabetes educator or dietitian if you have any questions about which vegetables fall into this "high carb" category.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Diabetes is easy to prevent—if it's caught early enough. It's also the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, a fact that should motivat...
What is the recent research on type 2 diabetes?
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the statistics aren't good. "One in 10 U.S. adult...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Get a Good Night's Sleep for Better Blood Sugar