What are the symptoms of diabetes in older people?

The most common symptoms of diabetes in people are increased thirst and increased urination. In older adults, symptoms may include feeling lightheaded or dizzy. This happens because they urinate so often, causing their blood pressure to drop. Low blood pressure causes the lightheaded feeling. Younger adults can handle these changes in blood pressure better than older adults.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Diabetes is easy to prevent—if it's caught early enough. It's also the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, a fact that should motivat...
What should I know before taking an SGLT2 inhibitor?
Your doctor will need to test your kidney function before starting treatment. If you have severe kid...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Is My Body Mass Index (BMI) Related to My Risk Of Diabetes?