What medications interact with glinides?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

If you are taking gemfibrozil, you should not take repaglinide.

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Screening and Diagnosis for Diabetes
Diabetes is easy to prevent—if it's caught early enough. It's also the seventh leading cause of death in the United States, a fact that should motivat...
How is low-dose aspirin used to treat people with diabetes?
Some people with diabetes can benefit from taking low dose aspirin (75 to 162 mg a day). This includ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Will I Eventually Have to Take Insulin?