What does my family need to know about my diabetes treatment?

Athena Philis-Tsimikas, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Diabetes is often called a "family" disease. In this video, Scripps Health endocrinologist Athena Philis-Tsimikas, MD, explains why it's important for family members to be involved, for both the diabetes patient and for themselves.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
What kinds of insulin does the body make?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
In people without diabetes, the pancreas makes a steady amount of insulin throughout the day and nig...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Is Gastroparesis Related to Diabetes?