What are the benefits of a continuous blood glucose monitor?

Phil Southerland
Healthcare
The benefit of a continuous blood glucose monitor is that it allows unpredictability to be manageable. You see these trending arrows and you can make adjustments on the fly.

If you just check your blood sugar right before a run or ride, you’re going to go an hour before you check again. There is an entire hour you don’t know what your blood sugar was. With a continuous glucose monitor, you can see if it’s going up or down, and you can make proactive adjustments that make those unpredictable times extremely manageable.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

About Diabetes and Glucose
About Diabetes and Glucose
When a person has diabetes, levels of glucose (also called blood sugar) are too high. Learn what is happening at the cellular level when a person has ...
Why should I not refer to myself as a diabetic?
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD)
Think about what you really hope people will understand when or if you say that you are “diabetic.” ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Does an Insulin Pump Work?
How Does an Insulin Pump Work?