Is using stimulant medications safe with diabetes?

Using stimulant medications, like phentermine, as a diabetic should be avoided or used with extreme caution since the side effects of this medication may mask your symptoms of high or low blood sugar levels and prevent you from responding to these situations appropriately.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Manage Insulin-Dependent Diabetes With 90-Day CGMs
When you think of humans with implants, you may picture sinister movie characters like Dr. No with bionic metal hands or the Borg from Star Trek. But ...
How do I check my blood sugar levels if I have diabetes?
Dr. Ronald Tamler, MDDr. Ronald Tamler, MD
Unfortunately, you still need to prick your finger to test your blood sugar. In this video, Ronald T...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Walking Marathons and No Holding Back!
Walking Marathons and No Holding Back!