Can I use generic test strips with my diabetic meter?

Generic test strips are often less expensive than brand-name strips by the manufacturer of your diabetic meter. It's okay to use generic test strips, but you’ll need to check the label to make sure they are compatible with the specific make and model of your meter. If you use generic test strips, make sure they give you consistent results.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Give Yourself an Insulin Injection
It’s natural to feel anxious about giving yourself insulin injections, particularly if you’re not a fan of needles. But keep in mind: Insulin is injec...
If I have diabetes, what special vitamins should I take?
Dr. Jacob TeitelbaumDr. Jacob Teitelbaum
Research shows that the antioxidants we get from food, such as vitamin C, can lower the risk of diab...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
What Is Insulin Pump Therapy?
What Is Insulin Pump Therapy?