What tools can help me control my blood sugar levels?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism

The most important thing you need to do is keep your blood sugar at whatever level your doctor says is right for you. There are two tools to help you do this:

• One is a lab test that your doctor will run every three months to see how you are doing overall

• The other tool is literally in your hands: a small, pager-sized device called a meter

Used properly and together, these tools can help you to better understand and control your blood sugar levels, and to fine-tune your diabetes treatment.

Taming the Tiger: Your first year with Diabetes

If you ve just been diagnosed with diabetes, this book is for you! It is a fact. Getting a diagnosis of diabetes has the same impact on your body and soul as having a heart attack. Right now you are...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Protect Your Heart if You Have Diabetes
You’ve probably heard that diabetes is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease. How major? According to the American Diabetes Association (AD...
What is a healthy blood sugar level?
Having a high blood sugar level can mean you have diabetes. Watch as Dr. Oz explains what a healthy ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
If I Have Type 2 Diabetes, Do I Have to Give Up Alcohol?