Should I talk to my doctor about my diabetes symptoms?

If you are experiencing any symptoms related to diabetes, you should speak to your doctor. You cannot prevent Type 1 diabetes, but it is possible to delay or prevent the onset of Type 2 diabetes with diagnosis and treatment. You should be tested if someone in your immediate family has been diagnosed with this condition. It is also a good idea to be tested if you have other risk factors, such as being overweight or inactive.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

9 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Dry Skin
9 Ways to Prevent Diabetic Dry Skin
If you have diabetes, it’s important to keep your skin healthy, moisturized and clean to avoid infections. But winter can pose some additional challen...
What medications interact with glinides?
If you are taking gemfibrozil, you should not take repaglinide. This answer was adapted from Sharec...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
How Often Should Older Adults Be Checked for Diabetes?