How effective is sharing a continuous glucose monitor with other diabetics?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Sharing a CGM monitor with other people with diabetes means that you have a CGM that you sometimes wear. This is better than not having access to one at all.

Maybe you need to start off with a 30-daywear. Sort of boot camp for your diabetes. Get a clear picture of what is going on inside your body for two weeks, and spend the next two weeks fixing it.

Then follow up on a scheduled basis. Wear your CGM a week per month after “boot camp” to be sure both you and your therapy are on track.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Types of Diabetes
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes affects people of all ages and from all walks of life. There are several types, but type 2 diabetes is by far the most common. Of the nearly ...
Why should I see my doctor for regular checkups if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
If you have diabetes, keep up with checkups. Regular checkups can help you lower your risk of heart ...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein