How important is setting the date and time on my blood sugar meter?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
It is very important to set the date and time for your blood sugar meter. Make sure the date is right and the hour, if not right, is close. The meter has a memory because the meter companies know you don’t bother to keep an actual paper logbook of your blood sugar readings. If the time is set wrong, your computerized logbook in the meter will be wrong, and all the data will be worthless.
The Born-Again Diabetic: The handbook to help you get your diabetes in control (again)

Much has been written about the explosion of diabetes on the world stage the 4,000 new cases a day we all know about, the millions of people unaware they have diabetes. But another epidemic is...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
If you have diabetes, you may have heard of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome (HHNS), also known as hyper...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with diabetes?
Being a caregiver for a person with diabetes is no small task. In addition to guiding your family me...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
If I Lose Weight, Can I Stop Taking My Diabetes Medications?