What should I know about sensor performance in continuous glucose monitors?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Some sensors are a little rocky on their first day, but seem to get better and better as their run goes on. Some sensors are hyper-responsive to small changes and perform well throughout the range; a bit more like driving a vehicle with a tight suspension instead of a Lexus. It depends on whether you want to feel every bump or if you want a smooth average ride. But, that said, I’ve even worn multiple devices simultaneously and have gotten remarkably similar readings out of each device.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Diabetes Can Hurt Your Feet—And What You Can Do
People with diabetes often have problems with their feet. One common issue is peripheral neuropathy, which affects up to half of diabetes patients. Th...
How effective is low-dose aspirin in treating people with diabetes?
A review of 6 studies that included over 95,000 men and women (including over 4,000 people with diab...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Often Should I Monitor My Blood Sugar?