What is a sampling lag in a continuous glucose monitoring system?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Sampling lag refers to the real-time effect of CGM sensor readings lagging “behind” fingerstick meter readings. This is caused by the sensor’s sampling schedule not being lined up with the fingerstick meter.
Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Do You Know Your Macros?
Do You Know Your Macros?
A healthy diet may be the most powerful tool you have to manage your diabetes. If you eat a balanced diet and pay attention to portion sizes at meals ...
Should I get a pancreas transplant for my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
A study has indicated that, for patients with functioning kidneys, survival rates of patients who re...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
How Do I Know If I'm on the Right Diabetes Medications?