Who needs to regularly monitor their blood glucose levels?

If you have type 1 diabetes or you have type 2 diabetes and you take insulin, you need to monitor. If you have type 2 diabetes and take oral diabetes medications, check with your health care team about whether and how often you need to monitor. If you have gestational diabetes and take insulin, you need to monitor.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
In this video, endocrinologist John Merendino, MD, discusses the role of insulin therapy in regulating blood sugar levels, and dispels a misconception...
How does glucose monitoring relate to diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
When you finish the blood glucose check, write down your results and review them to see how food, ac...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
In Your Endocrinology Practice, What Has Changed?