Why should I consider product support before buying a blood glucose meter?

If you are using a blood glucose meter for the first time, consider one that offers a video that teaches you how to do the reading. A picture or visual image can make a seemingly complicated procedure crystal clear. Also make sure that the company has a 24-hour toll-free number to call, should you have questions about the meter. Sometimes a quick phone call may clear up a simple problem. Also check that your health care team is familiar with the model you purchase and that supplies are easily available in your area or by mail order.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

4 Go-To Resources for Diabetic Heart Disease Management
Diabetic heart disease (DHD) is a type of heart disease that affects those with types 1 and 2 diabetes. Lifestyle factors, like diet, activity and str...
What professionals should I be choosing to help me manage my diabetes?
Jessica CrandallJessica Crandall
It is essential to understand diabetes and how to manage the disease. It can be very beneficial to w...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein