Should I prepare my skin before using a glucose monitor kit?

There are several things you can do to prepare your skin when using a glucose monitor kit. Before starting, make sure that you have all the supplies needed to check your blood sugar level. You will need your meter, glucose test strips, lancets and a lancing device. You may also want your log book to track your levels. To get ready, clean your skin with alcohol or wash it with soap and water. Make sure your skin is dry before pricking yourself with the lancet.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

The Pancreas and Diabetes
The Pancreas and Diabetes
Take a trip inside the body with this video from Virtual Health Solutions. Get an up-close look at the pancreas, the gland that produces the hormone i...
How can I know if a new diabetes product is right for me?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
This is one time when being a skeptic is a good idea. Many times, news releases make a product sound...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
Why Is Type 1 Diabetes Known As Juvenile Diabetes?