How do power supplies differ among continuous glucose monitors?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Some CGM systems use a pair of AAA batteries, or a single AAA. Others recharge like a cell phone. If you get the kind that recharges, your out-of-pocket costs to run the damn thing will be less, but you need to make sure you have both a charging cord and a wall with a plug in it handy when you run out of juice. Spare batteries are easy to carry.

Beyond Fingersticks: The art of control with continuous glucose monitoring

Everything you ever wanted to know about CGM (but didn’t know to ask)!Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM), the revolutionary technology that’s poised to completely change diabetes care, gives you...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Type 2 Diabetes Increases Your Risk for Heart Attack and Stroke
The facts around diabetes, heart disease and stroke are worrisome: Compared to people without diabetes, those with the disease are nearly two times as...
If I have diabetes, how can my period affect my blood glucose levels?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
If you have trouble keeping your blood glucose levels on target just before your period starts, you ...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
How Common Are Severe Diabetic Complications?