Is it okay to perform the diabetes test in public places?

William Lee Dubois
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Paraphrasing the esteemed Dr. Seuss:

You can test your blood sugar on a boat.
You can test your blood sugar with a goat.

You can test your blood sugar in the rain.
You can test your blood sugar on a train.

You can test your blood sugar in a box.
You can test your blood sugar with a fox.

You can test your blood sugar in a house.
You can test your blood sugar with a mouse.

You can test your blood sugar here or there.
You can test your blood sugar anywhere.
Tonya Bolden
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Baby, you test whenever and wherever you want. I test in restaurants, bathrooms, concerts, stadiums. Please make sure to “test your blood sugar, don’t guess your blood sugar.”
Half the Mother, Twice the Love: My Journey to Better Health with Diabetes

As a talk-show host and inspirational speaker, Mother Love used to have to just grin and bear it -- all that extra weight and the poor health that went along with it. Today she can truly smile as she...

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Diabetes

Diabetes mellitus (MEL-ih-tus), often referred to as diabetes, is characterized by high blood glucose (sugar) levels that result from the body’s inability to produce enough insulin and/or effectively utilize the insulin. Diabetes ...

is a serious, life-long condition and the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. Diabetes is a disorder of metabolism (the body's way of digesting food and converting it into energy). There are three forms of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that accounts for five- to 10-percent of all diagnosed cases of diabetes. Type 2 diabetes may account for 90- to 95-percent of all diagnosed cases. The third type of diabetes occurs in pregnancy and is referred to as gestational diabetes. Left untreated, gestational diabetes can cause health issues for pregnant women and their babies. People with diabetes can take preventive steps to control this disease and decrease the risk of further complications.