Who should not use glucose test strips?

Glucose test strips should not be used by someone who is unable to use them correctly due to illness or injury. Using glucose test strips for blood sugar monitoring requires that the glucose test strip is correctly placed in the device and that the blood drop is collected and placed on the glucose test strip. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about being able to use glucose test strips.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Find a Diabetes Treatment Plan That Works for You
From extreme fatigue to an upset stomach, the list of side effects of medications jammed in at the end of drug commercials can be overwhelming. And it...
What should I do before each doctor visit if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
In between doctor's visits: Write your blood glucose check results in your log book every day. K...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Watch Your Blood Sugar to Prevent Alzheimer's Disease