When do I monitor glucose levels if I have diabetes and don’t take insulin?

If you are taking oral medications, you may decide to monitor just two times each day. Blood glucose levels in people with type 2 diabetes are often more stable over the course of a day and you may not need to monitor as often because you can’t use the results to fine-tune your dose.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Develop Your Diabetes Action Plan
Managing diabetes requires care, commitment and planning. With your diagnosis, it’s helpful to develop an action plan that is specific to you. To dev...
How do I choose blood glucose goals if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
There are many factors to consider in setting your personal glucose goals: your age how long you...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
What Is the Role of Insulin in the Body?