What do I gain from knowing my blood glucose levels?

When you know your blood glucose level at a given moment, you can make informed diabetes management decisions. Maybe you decide to take a brisk walk when you find your blood glucose level is a little high after lunch. Or perhaps you just don’t feel right, and after a test, you know that it’s because your blood glucose is low, so you decide to eat a small box of raisins to prevent a severe reaction. You can take as many readings each day as you need and as your budget and fingertips can handle.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Diabetes Can Hurt Your Feet—And What You Can Do
People with diabetes often have problems with their feet. One common issue is peripheral neuropathy, which affects up to half of diabetes patients. Th...
Is it safe to take supplements if I have diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Supplements can cause real damage if they are taken improperly; some can have adverse effects with l...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
The Dangers of High-Fructose Corn Syrup
The Dangers of High-Fructose Corn Syrup