‎Is increased hunger a sign of diabetes?

If you aren't exercising more or eating less, but notice you're hungry a lot, it could be a sign of diabetes. Diabetes stops glucose from entering your cells, so your body can't convert the food you eat into energy. This, in turn, starves your cells. No matter how much you eat, nothing seems to satisfy your hunger. To make matters worse, all that extra food can also cause you to gain weight.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
Why Would I Go on Insulin Therapy?
In this video, endocrinologist John Merendino, MD, discusses the role of insulin therapy in regulating blood sugar levels, and dispels a misconception...
What percentage of people with diabetes can’t make insulin?
About 5% to 10% of all those with diabetes have type 1, which means they make little or no insulin. ...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Does Being Overweight Increase My Risk of Type 2 Diabetes?