Is cereal an acceptable breakfast for people with diabetes?

Everyone is different, so you just have to test to see how cereal affects your blood glucose levels. Some people say they have to give up cereal altogether because it spikes their blood sugar. Oatmeal (old-fashioned or steel cut) is a good alternative.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

About Diabetes and Glucose
About Diabetes and Glucose
When a person has diabetes, levels of glucose (also called blood sugar) are too high. Learn what is happening at the cellular level when a person has ...
How does blood glucose feed cells?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Your blood is a living liquid made up largely of plasma—nothing more than a soup of dissolved pr...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Will I Get Diabetes If I Am Obese?
Will I Get Diabetes If I Am Obese?