Is age a risk factor for diabetes?

As if having more wrinkles and gray hairs isn't enough, middle age also means a higher diabetes risk. Diabetes is more common after the age of 45, when your metabolism slows, you start to lose muscle mass, and your weight creeps up. That's why it's even more important to keep up healthy habits and get screened for diabetes every three years after the age of 45.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Know Your Risk: Diabetic Heart Disease
Whether it’s type 1 or type 2, having diabetes means you’re more likely to develop heart disease than those without the condition, more likely to deve...
How do I check my blood sugar levels if I have diabetes?
Dr. Ronald Tamler, MDDr. Ronald Tamler, MD
Unfortunately, you still need to prick your finger to test your blood sugar. In this video, Ronald T...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein