Why is my insulin dose increasing as my pregnancy progresses?

Don’t be alarmed if your total insulin dosage increases as your pregnancy continues. This does not mean your diabetes is getting worse, only that your insulin resistance is increasing, which is to be expected. You may need to make changes in your insulin dosage as often as every 10 to 14 days.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How to Monitor Your Blood Sugar for Diabetes
How can you tell if the goals of your diabetes management plan are working to hold your blood sugar in range? The easiest way is to monitor your blood...
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease of metabolism in which the levels of sugar (glucose) in your blood are too...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
Are There Blood Glucose Meters That Will Transmit Information Directly to Your Doctor?