How can thiazolidinediones, a class of diabetes medications, affect women?

The oral medications classified as thiazolidinediones (TZDs), which are often prescribed for type 2 diabetes, may cause women who are not ovulating and haven't gone through menopause to begin ovulating again, enabling them to conceive. Also, oral contraceptives may be less effective when you are taking TZDs.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Good Carb, Bad Carb: Do You Know the Difference?
Which do you think will raise your blood sugar more gently: Eating a whole orange or downing a glass of orange juice? The answer comes down to the qua...
If I have diabetes, what special vitamins should I take?
Dr. Jacob TeitelbaumDr. Jacob Teitelbaum
Research shows that the antioxidants we get from food, such as vitamin C, can lower the risk of diab...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
3 Ways to Gauge Your Type 2 Diabetes Risk