How can I lower my glucose level apart from diet?

In addition to diet, you can exercise and lose weight. That can help with blood glucose being too high.  A fasting plasma glucose (FPG) test measures blood glucose in a person who has not eaten anything for at least 8 hours. This test is used to detect diabetes and prediabetes. People with a fasting glucose level of 100 to 125 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) have a form of prediabetes called impaired fasting glucose (IFG). Having IFG means a person has an increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes but does not have it yet. A level of 126 mg/dL or above, confirmed by repeating the test on another day, means a person has diabetes. It would be up to your doctor when to prescribe a medication.
You will still need to work on lowering your blood glucose through changes in your diet, increased activity, and losing weight. You can ask your doctor to provide recommendations for programs in your area that can help you can learn more about diet and activities to help you improve your glucose levels.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Diabetes-Friendly Foods for Your Eyes
Diabetes-Friendly Foods for Your Eyes
Diabetes is a condition that prevents your body from producing or responding to the insulin it needs to bring sugar from the blood stream to cells, wh...
What should I do before each doctor visit if I have diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
In between doctor's visits: Write your blood glucose check results in your log book every day. K...
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
How to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your DiabetesHow to Get the Best Possible Care for Your Diabetes
The right backup can help you live well and worry less about complications.
What Are Some of the Myths About Diabetes?