How can I remember to take my diabetes pills every day?

Different diabetes pills work in different ways to keep your blood glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol on track. That's why you might be taking two or more pills for your blood glucose, blood pressure or cholesterol. All the pills keep your ABCs (A1C level, blood pressure, and cholesterol) of diabetes on track. Keeping your ABCs of diabetes on target will keep you healthier. It will lower your chances of getting diabetes problems.

Most people have a hard time taking all of their diabetes pills. Here are some tips that others find helpful:

• Try using a pill organizer.
  • Link your pill-taking to something in your daily routine. For example, put your pills by your toothbrush.
  • Use a chart to check off when you've taken your medicines.

Continue Learning about Diabetes

How Diabetes Can Hurt Your Feet—And What You Can Do
People with diabetes often have problems with their feet. One common issue is peripheral neuropathy, which affects up to half of diabetes patients. Th...
Can taking statins increase my risk of developing diabetes?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
A compilation published in "The Lancet," which analyzed data from a number of large studies involvin...
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues9 Keys to Preventing and Treating Diabetic Foot Issues
Being proactive can help keep your feet healthy.
What Does the Term Diabesity Mean?
What Does the Term Diabesity Mean?