How can I remember injection site locations?

Use hand tracing to record injection sites. If you are diabetic and have difficulty remembering which fingers have been used for blood sugar monitoring, trace an outline of a pair of hands on a piece of paper and mark the site of the last blood sample. This will help you remember to change sites.

Use a bracelet to remember to alternate injection locations. If you need to alternate injection sites and have trouble remembering which side you did last, wear a bracelet on the arm where the injection went. When you give the next injection, move the bracelet to the other arm. If you don't like to wear bracelets, change a ring from one hand to the other or use a sticky tab on the medication that indicates right or left. If the medication is refrigerated, you may want to use a refrigerator magnet to help you remember which side, arm or leg to use.
Teenage Waistland: A Former Fat-Camper Weighs in on Living Large, Losing Weight, And How Parents Can (And Can't) Help

We've been inundated lately with books and articles about childhood obesity. Most offer cultural critique or nutrition and exercise advice — in tones that are alternately appalled and patronizing....

Continue Learning about Diabetes

Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
Can You Spot the Signs of Ketoacidosis?
If you have diabetes, you may have heard of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic syndrome (HHNS), also known as hyper...
What medications interact with insulin therapy for type 1 diabetes?
Many drugs can raise or lower blood sugar and lessen or intensify the effects of insulin. Be sure to...
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes4 Ways Winter Affects Your Diabetes
Cold hands could be a bigger problem than you think.
What Should My Blood Sugar Levels Be?
What Should My Blood Sugar Levels Be?